A one-day tour to discover the famous Ngorongoro Crater starting from your hotel in Arusha. The Ngorongoro Conservation Area is considered as the 8th Wonder in the World and its crater is exclusively dedicated to wildlife preservation. The crater of Ngorongoro is the biggest caldera in the world of about 20km in diameter, with an area of 265km2. The crater is protected by a rampart of 600m of height which shelters an incredibly rich fauna. The view from its edges is breath-taking and the descent into it is a time of great emotional intensity. The crater is home to almost all the great animals of the savanna: giraffes, zebras, hippos, hyenas, jackals and many herbivores… And this is one of the only places in Tanzania where it is possible to observe the famous “Big Five”: the lion, the elephant, the leopard, the rhinoceros and the buffalo.
The guide will pick you up early in the morning at your hotel and will briefly explain you about the safari and answer all your questions before you go.
The drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area entrance gate will take about 3 hours (depending where you hotel is located) and you will start admiring wonderful scenery and wildlife on the way. This is a whole day safari in the park. You will stop for a picnic lunch in the middle of the day before continuing with the second half of the safari.
By the end of the afternoon, the guide will drive you back to your hotel.
Departure and/or return from/to Arusha Local Airport are also possible. Please contact us for this option.
The total price for this 1-day safari tour to Ngorongoro Crater is 369€ per person
- Transfer from and to your hotel (Arusha Airport transfers available as an option)
- 4WD vehicle specially equipped for safaris.
- English-speaking guide/driver (other languages available, please let us know).
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area entrance fee
- Mineral water and snacks
- Picnic in the park
- Flying Doctors Assistance
Price does not include:
- International flights
- Tanzania entry visa ($ 50 / pers)
- Insurances that you may want to contract
- Personal expenses
- Meals others than the picnic lunch
- Tips to the driver
- Services and activities not mentioned in the program