A one-day tour to discover the famous Lake Manyara National Park starting from your hotel in Arusha.
Lake Manyara National Park offers a lush jungle from the entrance, where many baboons and blue monkeys live, not to mention large hornbills. Beyond the forest lies a marshy plain where buffaloes, wildebeests, zebras as well as giraffes gather. Elephants are found in the clear forest of acacias and it is not uncommon to see lions climbing in the trees to rest in the shade. To the south of the park is a lake full of birds (400 species) including an imposing colony of pink flamingos as well as pelicans, cormorants and storks. This is an interesting park which offers a beautiful first safari experience in Tanzania.
The guide will pick you up early in the morning at your hotel and will briefly explain you about the safari and answer all your questions before you go.
The drive to Lake Manyara National Park entrance gate will take about 2 hours (depending where you hotel is located) and you will start admiring wonderful scenery and wildlife on the way. This is a whole day safari in the park. You will stop for a picnic lunch in the middle of the day before continuing with the second half of the safari.
By the end of the afternoon, the guide will drive you back to your hotel.
Departure and/or return from/to Kilimanjaro International Airport or Arusha Local Airport are also possible. Please contact us for this option.
The total price for this 1-day safari tour to Lake Manyara National Park is 229€ per person
- Transfer from and to your hotel (Airport transfers available as an option)
- 4WD vehicle specially equipped for safaris.
- English-speaking guide/driver (other languages available, please let us know).
- Lake Manyara National Park entrance fee
- Mineral water and snacks
- Picnic in the park
- Flying Doctors Assistance
Price does not include:
- International flights
- Tanzania entry visa ($ 50 / pers)
- Insurances that you may want to contract
- Personal expenses
- Meals others than the picnic lunch
- Tips to the driver
- Services and activities not mentioned in the program